Sharpen the Saw - S15
Duration: Aug 8 to Aug 28, 2022
Every day for 21 days spend at least 2 minutes on deliberate practice or learning fundamentals. Examples:
- You won't play songs on the guitar, you will do your arpeggios or music theory.
- You won't do carpentry, you will study engineering principles.
- You won't play softball with friends, you will be at the batting cage.
- You won't write more code, you will study computer science.
- You won't paint another wall in your house, you will learn about colour theory and design.
- You won't discuss relationships with friends, you will learn about human nature via evolutionary biology.
- You won't play chess, you will practice specific situations.
- You won't just observe the birds, you will learn about their skeletal structures.
...for at least 2 minutes per day.
Deeper learning can be a pain, but deeper knowledge makes life more interesting once acquired. Deliberate practice is not as fun as just getting on with doing things, but it is how you get out of the rut of doing things in the same way you always do. It's hard to find the time to sharpen the saw, but it is a short cut to faster work.
Whatever learning or specific drills will help you with your interests and enrich your life in the long run, that's what we're doing here.
Pacing Thing automatically removes group members who are not committed. In this group, you are allowed to miss 6 assignments. On strike 7, you are out!
Aug 8 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 9 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 10 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 11 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 12 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 13 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 14 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 15 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 16 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 17 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 18 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 19 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 20 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 21 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 22 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 23 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 24 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 25 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 26 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 27 - 11:59PM CDT
Aug 28 - 11:59PM CDT