Sharpen the Saw - S8
Duration: Nov 11 to Dec 1, 2021
Every day for 21 days spend at least 2 minutes on deliberate practice or learning fundamentals. Examples:
- You won't play songs on the guitar, you will do your arpeggios or music theory.
- You won't do carpentry, you will study engineering principles.
- You won't play softball with friends, you will be at the batting cage.
- You won't write more code, you will study computer science.
- You won't paint another wall in your house, you will learn about colour theory and design.
- You won't discuss relationships with friends, you will learn about human nature via evolutionary biology.
- You won't play chess, you will practice specific situations.
- You won't just observe the birds, you will learn about their skeletal structures.
...for at least 2 minutes per day.
Deeper learning can be a pain, but deeper knowledge makes life more interesting once acquired. Deliberate practice is not as fun as just getting on with doing things, but it is how you get out of the rut of doing things in the same way you always do. It's hard to find the time to sharpen the saw, but it is a short cut to faster work.
Whatever learning or specific drills will help you with your interests and enrich your life in the long run, that's what we're doing here.
Pacing Thing automatically removes group members who are not committed. In this group, you are allowed to miss 6 assignments. On strike 7, you are out!
Nov 11 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 12 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 13 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 14 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 15 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 16 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 17 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 18 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 19 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 20 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 21 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 22 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 23 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 24 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 25 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 26 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 27 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 28 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 29 - 11:59PM CST
Nov 30 - 11:59PM CST
Dec 1 - 11:59PM CST